Friday, June 15, 2012

Lasagne Night………

……..went well. If you were left wondering what a Lasagne quilt is,here’s one I made with a range of Coffee themed fabric.

DSCF2407

Twenty rows of stitching and I had a quilt!

DSCF2410

and here’s one I made for my car mad Great Nephew:

L Quilt3

Sorry pictures are a bit blurry but I’m sure you get the idea.This is a quilt as you go project.If you go to Lynn Brown’s Blog you will find very good directions.You can make these with fabric straight onto polar fleece instead of three layers. A good way to use up those novelty fabrics that are printed in rows.Like this:

image

Great way to make quick kiddies quilt.Very easy.

The one I made last night was flannel onto polar fleece, made a lovely soft cuddly.I am donating it to Taupo Quiltmakers Community Quilts. Another quilter offered to bind it for me so I don’t have it to show you. When it is bound I will try to remember to post a photograph.

Having a slower day here today. Just contemplating making bias binding for a scalloped edge. I do like to set these little challenges for myself!

Thanks for popping by

Cheers

4 comments:

  1. Great job! I've never made a lasagna quilt, but I'm adding it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great - I've added it to a one do pile!
    Love Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, well it is a great idea and I think I will make some, I have beatiful boder cat fabric, thank you so much for inspiring me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am fortunate enough to be in Lyn Brown's class every week and I want to thank you for reminding us about the lasagna quilts. Yours are so nice! I especially like your coffee one, that's what I will do with all those tea pot and tea cup fabrics I have been collecting. Thank you from southern California!

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...