Saturday, September 29, 2012

Midnight Madness

Last night Taupo Quiltmakers gathered for Midnight Madness.

Stitching is happening:

DSCF3231

Fiona was my stunt sewer, this was the first block made:

DSCF3232

Bree has just joined our club, bought a brand spanking new Bernette and this will be her first quilt! Well done Bree!

DSCF3233

Dot is very busy with a Batik Jelly roll and Yellow centres. This is going to be a stunner:

DSCF3234

Christine decided on a Christmas theme:

DSCF3235

Melody has beige/golden centres and zingy colours happening:

DSCF3237

Julie is using classic White and Blue. Always so fresh looking. Julie says this is so not her but it’s very me – if she doesn’t like it I’d be happy to give it a home!

DSCF3236

We had eight ladies stitching   (sorry I didn’t catch photos of all the blocks) and two angels helping.

Here are the two sample I took along:

Peggy made this one. It’s the one with the corrugated iron stitching – so appropriate for a NZ quilt don’t you think?

DSCF3244

DSCF3246

Here’s mine. I made this whole quilt from my stash. The solid colours for the stars are fabrics I have had for about 20 years!! Back when I was having my Amish phase.. Some of them are polished cottons and some I think may have a bit of Polyester in them. The strips all came from my strip bin. Hardly made a dent in that!! Looks like I have a few string quilts ahead of me!

DSCF3238

DSCF3216

DSCF3241

Look what’s on the back – remember this opshop treasure?

DSCF3248

Last but not least a cushion made out of a sample block:

DSCF3250

The pattern is called “Solid Stars and Strings”. I found it on Mary’s website. Thank you Mary we all had a great time stitching your pattern.

Thanks for popping by.

6 comments:

  1. Linda these quilts are lovely! I love how you quilted yours. Very nice! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! They all look wonderful. It's one of the things I like best about quilting - the way we each take a block or pattern and make it our own. Thanks so much for sharing your post with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, everyone! It's easy to see that everyone had a good time.

    I have a bin of red/white/blue strings that I've got to get under control. Thanks for reminding me about Mary's site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I well remember the Amish phase Linda! and just love the cushion - your quilting adds a whole new dimension. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, those quilts are gorgeous! I love that block and thank you for giving directions to Mary's patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you all had a fabulous time with a great outcome!

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...