Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

A bit more madness

It’s finished and I’m feeling the love!

DSCF0458

All over swirls:

midnightmadnessstitching

I put Coral Fleece on the back, doesn’t it look nice?

DSCF0463

It’s difficult to sew a label onto a fleece back so I made my label into a tag and stitched it into the binding.

MM label

It is also difficult to hand stitch the binding down. I am not a fan of machine stitching my bindings down but this time I did. I attached it to the back, folded it to the front and machine stitched it down with invisible thread. Looks okay doesn’t it?

DSCF0466

Thanks for popping by.

6 comments:

  1. I'm in love too Linda, just reminds me of Mulberry's.

    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous Linda! Your binding looks great. I couldn't tell that you machine sewed it on the front. I wondered how difficult/easy it is to quilt with a fleece backing? Did you have any trouble?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever way to attach a label.

    I'm hand-tacking binding on two quilts, and it is taking me forever. Like you, I prefer to hand-tack them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this
    It is so happy and bright

    ReplyDelete
  5. I especially like the label/tag. I often machine stitch my bindings now (depending on the quilt) and when my son first learned that machine stitched binding was even an option he couldn't believe I made him hand stitch all his bindings before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything about it is beautiful. I think machine binding was definitely the way to go. I hand stitch about 95% of mine but Im not dealing with fleece!

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...