Monday, March 04, 2013

Quilting makes such a difference……

 Today I managed to complete the quilting on our latest Op Shop Treasure.
DSCF0331
The scallop shapes around the edge were already stitched, and some stitch in the ditch had been done through the quilt. I decided not to keep the quilt in tact and just add more quilting. I sewed a piece of calico to the top and bottom of the quilt to attach it to the frame.
DSCF0330
First I quilted pebbles in the scallop shapes,
DSCF0323
then moved on to Free motion swirls and feathery shapes around the hearts.
opshophearts
…..and the nice thing about all of this I could just take it off the frame and it was finished. No binding to do.
DSCF0337
Thanks for stopping by.

Linking with Stitch by Stitch Tuesday's Tips, Crafts, & DIY

13 comments:

  1. The sad thing Linda is that the person who originally made it will not get to see it tranformed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. What a difference you've made. You've you've been working hard! I'm sure I saw the before photo only yesterday... Stunning Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, you really made that simple quilt sparkle! I love the quilting you added. It suits it perfectly. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! Lovely job on the quilting. Visiting from Anything Goes Monday. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilting transformed this little treasure into a real beauty. I love the pebble quilting in the scallops. I'm glad Peggy rescued the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This turned out so pretty. Love how you quilted it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW what a trasformation your quilting has made. I have a quilt I am not happy with the quilting I did so this gives me inspiration to load it and add some more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Talk about magical transformations - that looks amazing. I never would have guessed it was a rescue quilt!

    LOVE those swirls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome-azing quilting, Linda! That looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful job you've done, i admire people who can quilt, so much skill and dedication to a project, and yours are really exceptional. Great to have you linking up again x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really lovely Linda
    What a 'completion' you made to an op shopped treasure

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...